You may use Slideviewer for free if you are an educational institution, government organisation, non-profit organisation or individual.
If you use Slideviewer for commercial purposes, ie: you use it for
advertising your company or products, then you are required to purchase a
You must retain all headers and copyright notices in the code.
You must provide a link back to this page, if you run Slideviewer on your site.
If you intend mirroring these pages, PLEASE contact me first. I need to know who has a copy of these pages so that
I can notify them of updates.
Slideviewer is ©1997-2002 Peter Sundstrom.
Version 2.3.0 - 30 September 2000
- Added the option to select an image by using the filename parameter.
Version 2.2.1 - 27 August 2000
- Fixed a bug that prevented the popup index list from being generated.
Version 2.2.0 - 7 June 2000
- Fixed a bug that prevented using the directory option with URL aliases.
- Improved error handling>
Version 2.1.0 - 16 April 2000
- New options to control the selection order of files from a directory.
- Choice of alternate directional button sets.
- Removed line break tags from the %VARABLES% so that greater control over positioning can be had.
- The slideshow files can now have up to 9 object definitions.
- Slideshow selection form is now the default if no parameters are specified.
- Thanks to Vadim Shpurick for his contributions for the above 3 items.
Version 2.0.1 - 17 March 2000
- Fixed a bug that didn't correctly recognise images to be retrieved via a web server.
Version 2.0.0 - 6 February 2000
- Major new release.
- Big code cleanup to make it more consistent with Postcard Direct
- Examples and documentation much improved.
- Removed the need for a seperate script to operate the slideshow selection form.
- Added an extra field to the slideshow definition files to define other objects like midi,real audio, mp3 etc.
- You can now have the choice to specify a directory of images to use as the slideshow or use the slideshow list.
- The popup slide index window no longer requires temporary files and write access on the web server.
- You now have the choice between popup slide index window or dropdown slide index.
- Many additional variables in the design files have been created to give a much finer control over the layout.
- Style files are now called design files to be consistent with Postcard Direct and to not get confused with HTML style files.
Version 1.10.0 - 12 September 1999
- Fixed potential security holes.
Version 1.9.3 - 23 April 1999
- Really fixed the bug that prevented the slide index working when using an alternate configuration.
Version 1.9.2 - 22 April 1999
- Fixed a bug in the image size code that prevented finding the correct image path for images stored under and httpd directory.
- Fixed a bug which prevented an alternate configuration being utilised it the slide index menu.
Version 1.9.1 - 08 May 1998
- Fixed a typo in selectshow.cgi that caused a problem with image sizing.
- Improved error messages.
- Cleaned up documentation, code and other miscellaneous bits and pieces.
Version 1.9.0 - 09 April 1998
- Separated the configuration section from the script so that multiple configurations can be used with one instance of the script.
This means that organisations can install slideviewer.cgi and have multiple users define their own configuration settings.
Version 1.8.3 - 17 March 1998
Version 1.8.2 - 5 March 1998
Version 1.8.1 - 17 January 1998
- Bug fix for incrementing total when using included slide lists and jumping to a specific slide.
- Changed the way %VARIABLE% directives in the .style file are processed. They now can all have HTML wrapped around them. Previously %IMAGE%, %BUTTONS%, %C ONTROLS% need to a on a separate line.
- Improved some of the comments and help in the configuration section of the script.
Version 1.8.0 - 1 December 1997
- Added an option to jump to a random image.
- Improved the code to parse the slide show file.
Version 1.7.1 - 18 November 1997
- The style files now have the %IURL%, %WIDTH%, %HEIGHT% variables to enable finer control over the image and the ability to link to an external program like a postcard CGI.
Version 1.7.0 - 13 November 1997
- Added an option for a popup slide index window.
- Broke down the %CONTROL% directive in the style files into 3 separate areas to give more control over layout.
- Changed over to some better looking arrow buttons.
Version 1.6.1 - 18 October 1997
- Changed over to some better looking arrow buttons.
- Minor code clean up.
- Fixed a looping error in
selectshow.cgi if the footer didn't exist.
Version 1.6.0 - 09 October 1997
- Added style files to format the output.
- Added an option for the slide list file to specify a URL when you click on the image.
Version 1.5.1- 30 September 1997
- Made perl 4 compatible.
- Cleaned up the image sizing code to be consistant with everything else.
- Fixed a looping error if the footer was not found.
Version 1.5.0 - 20 September 1997
- Added status bar descriptions to ALL links.
- Added an
:include directive in the slide definition file to make slide collections easier to define by not having to duplicate entries.
Version 1.4.0 - 15 September 1997
- Fixed the code that determines the image size. This was a huge oversight on my part. I didn't make the code generic enough.
- Images can now reside on a local or remote server including support for proxy servers.
- Added the option to include a subtitle in the slide definition file. Please note that the separators are now | instead of :
- Added status bar descriptions when the mouse moves over the control images.
- Some minor code clean ups.
Version 1.3.0 - 26 August 1997
Version 1.2.0 - 24 August 1997
- Added the ability to type in the slide number you want to jump to.
- Standardised the version numbers.
Version 1.1.1 - 16 August 1997
- Added a cycle option to automatically cycle through a show. Useful for a dynamic slideshow with autorefresh mode on.
- Check to see if height and width tags were able to be determined, otherwise leave them out. This should fix problems that some people were having with height and width being set to 0.
Version 1.1 - 18 May 1997
- Added the enlarge and reduce functions to dynamically resize the images. This can be used in conjunction with the scale option to size the images for the appropriate screen resolution.
- Clicking on the picture will select the next slide.
- Some basic error checking added.
Version 1.0 - April 1997
Ginini Technologies Software