Postcard Direct is different to all other postcard systems because it sends the postcard directly to the recipient. That means there is no database to maintain and no postcards to "pick up". Most other postcard systems:
Note that Postcard Direct supports a "traditional" mode if you want to use the store/pickup method. For flash and java cards, this is the most reliable method as there are too many restrictions and incompatibilities in email clients to support these types.
Postcard Direct has been designed and tested to run on Unix, Windows and Mac systems. It will probably run on other operating systems that support Perl.
Version InformationPD Version: 6.1.0
Last Updated: 3 May 2007
PD Admin Version: 2.0.1
|Thumbnail||This is the most common setup for postcards, where the user chooses a postcard to send from a set of thumbnails.||View|
|Additional Fields||This example shows how you can add additional fields to any of the forms.||View|
|Java Postcards||This example is that same as the thumbnail example, except the postcards display with a Java Applet.||View|
|Flash Postcards||This example shows a page of two flash thumbnails.||View|
|Traditional Postcards||This example shows how to send postcards in the "traditional" way, ie: recipient is sent an email to "pick up" their card.||View|
|Multi-Lingual Postcards||This example shows how easy it is to offer postcards in multiple languages.||View|
|Image Upload||This example allows you to upload your own image to use as the postcard.||View|
The Administration Interface allows you to change your configuration, edit all your templates and manage the image/card caches. It also has an option for viewing summaries of the postcard log.
For this demo, use:Username: pdadmin
Note, you will not be able to save any changes in demo mode.
Access Demo Admin
|Academy of Model Aeronautics Postcards||Aircraft Postcards||All Occasion Greeting Postcards|
|BAA@C Postcards||Brasileiros em Montreal||British Library e-cards|
|Bruce McMillan - Children's Book Author||Cartes virtuelles DDM||Cartes¨Postales Virtuelles de Montréal-La Cluse|
|Cartolinopoli||CartoonSoup eCard Toons||Cavalry Technologies Postcards|
|Clownloach.net eCard||Costello Syndrome Ecards||Cyberhalides|
|Cyberspace Ashram LoveCards||Discover Bangalore Postcards||Dousma Beheer Dutch Ecards|
|Drachenstein Postcards||Easy Postcards||Family Oosten Postcards|
|Foundation Aprisco Postcards||Foundation Expo '88 eCards||Global Traveller Postcards|
|Great Dane Postcards||Hokkaido Kagayaku-Net Postcards||Hondengedichten Flash Cards|
|Horse Greeting Cards||I Love to Travel Postcards||Inverlochy Castle Hotel Postcards|
|Isabelle Delmotte Postcards||J & J Postcards||Jesus Army Postcards|
|Joshua24 Christian E-Cards||LeslieFieger.com Inspiration eCards||Luttelgeest Postcards|
|MODA e-cards||Maine Antiques||Make Your Day Light Cards|
|Mallorca.com||Marbella Java Postcards||Met de Beste Wensen|
|Nature and Travel Postcards||Old Postcards of Warren||Oranje-kids E-kaartjes|
|Pender Island Postcards||Postales en español||Postcards of Holiday World Travel|
|Postcards of the Hawkesbury||Puppet Team Hamburg Postcards||Quadrand Cards|
|Rangerville Postcards||RevivalSermons.org Postcards||Romantic Equations Postcards|
|Russian Christian Cards||San Gavino.Net Postcards||Send Funny Cards|
|Sneaky & Creepy E-cards||Street Sweeper Postcards||Sulgrave Manor Postcards|
|The Austin 7 Club Postcards||This Funs For You Postcards||Tribalcog Postcards|
Please email me if you wish to add your site to this list, or find a broken link.
As Postcard Direct is fully template driven, supporting multiple languages is very easy.
The list of currently supported languages are:
|Language||Language Code||Status||Translator/s||Download||Bosnian||ba||Complete||Jasmin Fazlinovic||tar file | ZIP file||Danish||da||Complete||Mogens Mechta||tar file| ZIP file|
|Spanish||es||Complete||Marc Antonsen||tar file| ZIP file|
|German||de||Complete||Kai Gradert and Frank Tremmel||tar file | ZIP file|
|Finnish||fi||Complete||Marko Kokkala||tar file | ZIP file|
|Italian||it||Complete||Sergio Fumich||tar file | ZIP file|
|Japanese||ja||Complete||?||tar file | ZIP file|
|Dutch||nl||Complete||Peter Dousma||tar file | ZIP file|
|Norwegian||no||Complete||Thore Danielsen||tar file | ZIP file|
|Portuguese (European)||pt||Complete||Helder Almeida||tar file | ZIP file|
|Portuguese (Brazilian)||br||Complete||Eduardo Hutter||tar file | ZIP file|
|Russian||ru||Complete||Roman||tar file | ZIP file|
|Swedish||sv||Complete||Bert Magnusson||tar file | ZIP file|
|French||fr||In Progress||Suzanne Brind'Amour||tar file | ZIP file|
|Hebrew||he||In Progress||Daniel Jackler||tar file | ZIP file|
Note that the download includes just the language files.
There are instructions if you want the details of which files that need modifying for new translations.
If you are able to offer your translation services, please contact me
The Installation and Configuration Documentation contains information on how to install, configure and operate Postcard Direct.
There is a FAQ available. If this does not answer your question, post it on the Support Forum.
If you want announcements of new versions and bug fixes for Postcard Direct, you can subscribe to the mailing list
This package includes all languages. See language list below for translation status or individual language download.
This package includes just the scripts.
Also you can use the Auto-Installer which in over 95% of cases, should have Postcard Direct up and running on your site in less than five minutes. Due to firewall changes by the hosting provider, the auto-installer is currently not operable.
There is an Installation Service available if you don't have the time or experience to do it yourself.
Please read make sure you have read the licence details before downloading. If you are profit making company, you will need to purchase a commercial licence.
Peter Sundstrom (the Author) grants to the possessor of this copy (the Licensee) a royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use, copy, and modify the code of Postcard Direct and any related documentation (the
Software) for academic, research, individual and any other non-commercial sites only and subject to the following conditions: - By using or copying the Software, Licensee agrees to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
- Title and copyright to the Software remain with the Authors and Licensee agrees to preserve the same.
- Licensee acknowledges that the Software is still in the development stage and that it is being supplied "as is", without any accompanying services from the Author. The Author MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. By way of example, but not limitation, the Author MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT INFRINGE ON ANY PATENTS OR OTHER RIGHTS. The Author shall not be held liable for any liability nor for any direct, indirect or consequential damages with respect to any claim by Licensee or any third party with respect to this Agreement or any use of the Software.
- Licensee may distribute the Software or any derivative work based on the the Software to third parties provided (1) all copyright notices and this Agreement appear on all copies, and (2) no charge is associated with such copies. Unless Licensee labels the derivative work with the notice "No Grantback", Licensee agrees to grant the Authors a royalty-free nonexclusive license to use, copy, modify and distribute any modifications to the Software owned by Licensee and distributed to third parties as a derivative work under this Agreement.
- If Licensee distributes a derivative work, then Licensee also agrees to (1) notify the Author of the distribution, and (2) clearly notify users that such derivative work is a modified version and not the original Software.
- Any Licensee wishing to make commercial use of the Software should contact the Author to negotiate an appropriate license. Commercial use includes (1) integration of all or part of the code into a product for sale or license by or on behalf of Licensee to third parties, or (2) distribution of the code to third parties that need it to utilize a commercial product sold or licensed by or on behalf of Licensee.
- Licensee agrees to abide by all applicable laws of the United States, including, but not limited to, copyright and export control laws.
- The Author has the right to terminate this license immediately by written notice upon Licensee's breach of, or non-compliance with any of its terms. Licensee may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by licensee's failure to abide by the terms of this license.
The plain English version of the above, is that you are required to purchase a Postcard Direct licence if your company/website is commercial, ie: a profit making entity. It does not matter what use Postcard Direct is used for, a "free" postcard service on a commercial website still requires a licence.
I quite often get asked if I can recommend a hosting provider. You can read my Web Hosting Recommendation report.
You can view the full change history.
You can view which files have changed between versions.Version 6.1.0 - 3 May 2007 - see changed files