Script last updated: 04 April 2004
What is it
bms generates statistics from your sendmail logs of
rejected mail. This could be due to:
There are plenty of other scripts that will summarize sendmail traffic, but I couldn't find any
that summarized the rejected mail, hence bms was born.
- Specified relay hosts being denied either through access database or RBL's.
- Spammers trying to relay spam through your server.
- Unresolvable domain names of the sender or IP address of relay server.
- SMTP AUTH or STARTTLS sessions being rejected.
HTML output with details
Plain text output
You can call
bms with the following flags:
-d --detail Show details of each entry
-h --html Produce HTML output
-i --ignore Ignore entries matching specified regex
-l --log Read from specified log (Default: /var/log/syslog)
-m --match Include entries matching specified regex
-o --output Output to specified file
-t --top Number of entries in the summary (Default: 10)
-v --verbose Verbose output
-w --width Maximum width of message
Version 1.1.1 - 04 April 2004
Version 1.1.0 - 20 March 2003
- Added 'mta' check to syslog id regex.
Version 1.0.1 - 3 April 2002
Version 1.0.0 - 6 February 2002